Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Loving Memory of Gram

Nearly a year ago, the first seeds for this blog were planted in my heart by Gram. As I wrote in my first post, Gram told me, "We must get the word out about God's love and share Him with others. That's why we're here!"

So much has changed since I first sat down to type at this same computer, praying that God would somehow work through Gram and myself as vessels for His use. The house, room, computer, chair, and probably even my wardrobe is unchanged, but Gram has gone on to her Eternal Home as is now praising the Lord face to face. I have grown as the experiences of love and loss have molded me into a more thoughtful and appreciative person. There have been nights when I have awakened, not knowing whether the noise I heard was Gram needing my help and then realized in the next instant that she is in Glory. I still love her. I continue to miss her. And yet, I realize the baton has been passed. It is my turn to run the race that is set before me, keeping my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith. I am humbled that God chose me, among others, to be the ones who would take the baton from her.

Though time marches forward and days turn to memories quicker than we may want them to, Gram's theme remains central to my heart. She knew, at ninety-seven years old, that she and I were here to generously share God's love with others. It was her purpose, and it set my soul on fire. As I go through the rest of my life, it is my prayer that God will work in me and through me to continue on the path He chose for me the day Gram shared the joy of her existence. "That's why we're here!"

As a result of Gram's blog, I am also writing others, which are listed in the "about me" section. We all know Who these blogs are really about, though, don't we? I will continue to share thoughts and memories here, as well as some of Gram's own writing.

My newest blog is:

www.healingthelocustyears.blogspot.com


Though so much has changed in just a year's time, one promise remains steadfast:

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Thank you so much for letting me share my "Little Gram" with you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,

    I just finished reading your story in Guidepost and found your website in the back.

    Your little Gram was indeed a very special lady. In a way, she reminded me of my grandmother who has been in Heaven for many years now.

    I enjoyed reading some of your blog and will be back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written the above comment, but since I didn't I will just say Amen to Susie's post!!! Looking forward to being here again! God's blessings as you share His words and love!! karlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. I'm so thankful I have been able to share my Gram with you, and also thankful that you have special memories of your own grandmothers. We have been blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karlyn, something happened to your last comment as I tried to publish it! Thank you for your kind words...you wrote:

    "Yes, this is so beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete